Rothschild Arch, The,

Rothschild Arch, The, connecting Dickinson Hall with the University Chapel, was given in 1930 by Simon F. Rothschild and his son, Walter N. Rothschild '13, in memory of Walter's mother and his brother, Howard F. Rothschild '21; inscribed at the top of the arch are these words: MATRI FILIOQUE IN AMORE DEDICATUS.


From Alexander Leitch, A Princeton Companion, copyright Princeton University Press (1978).

Go to Search A Princeton Companion