FitzRandolph Observatory, The, on FitzRandolph Road, east of Palmer Stadium, replaced in 1934 the old Halsted Observatory, in use for sixty years on University Place where Joline Hall now stands. The Observatory contains a 36-inch reflecting telescope installed in 1966 to supersede a 23-inch refracting telescope used since 1882.
From Alexander Leitch, A Princeton Companion, copyright Princeton
University Press (1978).
Search A Princeton Companion